Additional cost of uPVC frames with external non-white colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As a non-glazier I would presume that standard white uPVC frames have the cheapest cost, whereas the same frames in another colour would be more expensive.

If only the outside section of the uPVC frames have a colour and the inside section of the frames remain white (if this is possible), is this cheaper than having both the external and also the internal portions of the uPVC frames in a non-white colour?

What sort of percentages added to all-white frames might we be talking for non-white on external only or alternatively non-white on both external/internal sides?

Generally speaking, are non-white colours selected from the RAL chart?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Non-expert here, but having previously looked at speccing some french doors; nearly every door I found would have a white internal face. Adding an internal colour would be an extra-cost option.

Just for an example, have a play with an online configurator. Here's one for a door:

https://www.justdoorsuk.com/upvc-or...ne-aspiration-resin-sandblast-upvc-front-door

Adding a RAL colour adds an additional 63% to the cost!

As a non-glazier I would presume that standard white uPVC frames have the cheapest cost, whereas the same frames in another colour would be more expensive.

If only the outside section of the uPVC frames have a colour and the inside section of the frames remain white (if this is possible), is this cheaper than having both the external and also the internal portions of the uPVC frames in a non-white colour?

What sort of percentages added to all-white frames might we be talking for non-white on external only or alternatively non-white on both external/internal sides?

Generally speaking, are non-white colours selected from the RAL chart?

Thanks.
I believe the second colour is usually foil -typically a wood grain onto white upvc

Sponsored Links
You can have foiled colour on one or both sides.

I have some with both sides and single side foiling.
The foiled sides are wood grained texture.

yes cost more, and took longer to make, as the manufacturer waits until there is enough to make in ‘your’ colour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back