ADE Accenta Mini 8 Keypad Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed the Accenta Mini 8 into my parents' house probably 20+ years ago. It seems to be OK apart from the keypad buttons are not responding to a press or are difficult to operate.

Rather than replace the remote end station and keypad with something new I was wondering if any of the more recent keypads could be used with an old panel?

Attachments

• Accenta Keypad.JPG
    Accenta Keypad.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 434
Sponsored Links
yes they can be used but for the difference between keypad and keypad and panel cost, at least then you have a back up panel of that croaks?

I dismantled one of those keypads recently due to one of the buttons needing a much harder press than the others. A light/careful clean of the contact bits and it's as good as new.

Edit - the one I dismantled was a separate keypad, not part of the alarm panel.

Sponsored Links
At least I know I could use a newer keypad if necessary. Thanks for the reply. I was thinking replacement RKP just because it is in a particular location between door architrave that will not take a larger keypad. I think a Euromini RKP may fit

I may give cleaning a go first - nothing to lose after all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back