ADE Optima Compact Outside Siren won't turn off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The outside siren has just started for no apparent reason. I still have power. I enter the code but unfortunately it does nothing.

What's the easiest way to stop the sound? Is the power fed from inside the panel? Unfortunately I don't have a ladder to get to the box.

Sponsored Links
What led are lit on control panel ?
Is it raining ?
If modern bell box should stop after 20 mins
If water damage could have other issues ?
Could power down control panel and let bell ring untill it stops

Hi, it was raining before so could be an issue. The siren doesn't turn off after 20 mins as we had a power cut last week and it went on for an hour plus. The panel deffo needs a battery.

Whats the safest way of disconnecting the whole alarm if I can't just do the box. Disconnect the panel from the ac and wind electrical tape around the bare wires?

Sponsored Links
If you have a faulty battery and you know the bell box rings for hours then you need a ladder to disconnect the bell box
Has the control panel got a fused spur
240 volt electric can kill
Not sure you should put tape on bare wires

Disconnect A - 0v and D 12+
If it's still ringing after 20 mins it's a ladder job

Hi, its gone off for now. I can't find any unswitched fused boxes. The house is about 15 years old.

Is it a possibility there's anything in the consumer unit? None of the switches are unlabelled except 1 which doesnt have a switch.

Ha, there's a fused spur. I assume I can remove the fuse and eventually the batteries wil die if all else fails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back