ADE Optima Compact Resistor Value

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My ADE Compact keypad stopped responding. After a little investigation I found that resistor R47 has burnt out. (this is underneath the onboard keypad)

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

The resistor has no markings left on it so I can't find a replacement to try and repair it.

Can anyone tell me what resistor this may be ??? Or if anyone still has one of these possibly upload a pic of theirs so I can try and match one up.

Thanks in advance.
Craig

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help with the resistor value, but for a resistor to be destroyed in that fashion, suggests issues elseware on the PCB.
A problem like a dead short caused by component failure (to me, transistor S1 looks to have some case damage?), may cause excess power to be disapated by R47.
Just changing the resistor is unlikely to solve the problem.
PCB traces may also have been damaged on the board.
If you have a multimeter available (and you know how to use it!), you may be able to troubleshoot, otherwise a new PCB may be required.

Good luck :)

Sponsored Links
Thank you for the replies people, the resistor was metal with a cap either side not like the one that was posted for me.

I replaced this with an accenta G4 panel and was only thinking of trying to repair this to keep as a spare.

I'll just throw it in the bin.

Thanks again
Craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back