Adhesive and Grout for Concrete floors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend me which adhesive to buy for Ceramic tiles on a concrete surface, and also a waterproof grout in either white or creme. I'm not bought this stuff before, and the fitter mentioned somethign about rapid set, although not sure what is suitable for a concrete floor. The area to be tiled is in the kitchen sink area and measuring 6 sqm.

Sponsored Links
Just take yourself off to your local tile shop and tell them you want 30kgs of Rapidset (or fastset) floor adhesive (I get around 4.5 sq metres to a 20 kg bag). You might only be able to get it in 20kg bags though so you might end up with 40kgs. Don't let them try and sell you flexible adhesive cause you don't need it. A 20kg bag should cost about £10.
As for the grout, personally I wouldn't use white or cream grout for a floor cause it'll get grubby quickly. I recommend you use grey.
I use Feb fastset adhesive and PCI grey grout. 5kg of grout costs about £5

Thanks gcol - my fitter also told me to get the rapid set and grey grouting too. So is it more economical to buy the adhesive in bags rather than tubs? I'll check if B&Q have any of the bags as I don't have a tile shop locally.

Sponsored Links
Christ!!! Don't buy the adhesive in tubs! Get the powdered stuff.
I know B&Q have powdered Unibond rapiset for about a tenner but i've never used it. I tend to avoid unibond gear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back