Adhesive/drilling questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon

A question on adhesives, if I may ;)

After much reading I am going with the option of using BAL products.

There appear to be many types though!! So which is recommended for:-

Wall, with 16x10" tiles on aquapanel/plasterboard depending (A/Panel for shower enclosure walls). Which adhesive and grout would be best?

Floor, with 12x12" tiles, on 25mm WBP? Black grout ideally. Which adhesive & grout would be best?

I could have a shot and buy some but am unsure with all the different types. Any suggestions for well priced retailers?

WRT drilling for 15mm pipes, would a 16mm or 17mm dia drill bit be best? Or does it need to be bigger to accomodate grout/silicone around the pipe?

Thanks for any assistance folks.

Sponsored Links
I am going with the option of using BAL products.
There appear to be many types though!! So which is recommended for:-
Wall, with 16x10" tiles on aquapanel/plasterboard depending (A/Panel for shower enclosure walls). Which adhesive and grout would be best?
Bal rapidset.
Floor, with 12x12" tiles, on 25mm WBP? Black grout ideally. Which adhesive & grout would be best?
Bal flexible rapidset.

I could have a shot and buy some but am unsure with all the different types. Any suggestions for well priced retailers?
Price the gear up on trades direct http://www.trades-direct.co.uk/modules/shop/noframes_ranges.asp?catid=22&rangeid=101 and then if you have a branch of topps tiles, tell them you want them to match the prices. They should.

WRT drilling for 15mm pipes, would a 16mm or 17mm dia drill bit be best? Or does it need to be bigger to accomodate grout/silicone around the pipe?
A 15mm one will be fine, you should have a little play on the pipe to allow any misalignment. A 15mm pipe will fit through with no problem.

Cheers GCol for the advice, I have a Topps down the road in Preston, so let's see what they can offer on prices!!

Any suggestions for grout?

Sponsored Links
The edge of the Fylde ;)

So, which type of BAL grout is best then? Flexible for the floor I guess, and something water resistant for the shower area, but what about the rest of the room?

Thanks

Thanks a lot, I think that the microcolour will have to be used for the floor as I want black grout - they do a microcolour flex.

Right off to start spending more bloody £'s!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back