Adhesive for ceramic and aluminium trim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm looking for a strong adhesive for sticking an L shaped aluminium step protector on tiles, I need it to be really strong bond as it's on a step and I don't want it to come when people step on it, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
I've heard CT1 is meant to be one of the best

I hope it is, as I've got a tube for a very similar job as yours OP.

It's £12 per tube! It'll cost me small fortune to do all of the steps.
I think this is a case of you get what you pay for!

I've a transition strip between 2 laminate floors in an open plan room, and it keeps coming up, despite large amounts of cheaper adhesives, so I have invested in ct1 to try and get it to stick properly.

Might be worth trying the floor forum to see if they have any cheaper options.

Sponsored Links
You might be right, I used some "Instant Nails" adhesive from Toolstation, they stick together well but the adhesive doesn't seem to dry up.
It will take an age to dry at this time of year, as it dries by evaporation, and the 2 substrates are impervious.

The only alternative would be an epoxy based glue that dries by chemical reaction, but I'd be concerned that isn't flexible, and things that are walked on will flex

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back