Adjust Fanlight DG Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Double glazing fanlights not closing tight. Can they be adjusted. Moved here about 11 yrs ago and windows in then so not sure when installed.

Sponsored Links
I suggest a couple of photos, hinge, catch, slider in the edge of the window etc, so people can see your problem.
Chances are, often as not the hinge has failed around the plastic slider, the catches can be adjusted but how it is done depends on the type. Some you move the catch others you rotate the moving stud.

Here are some photos. There is no name on windows 20151002_113844.jpg 20151002_113950.jpg 20151002_114004.jpg 20151002_113734.jpg

Can't see the striker plate on the frame, but I think you will find the little round latches that protrude and slide when locking can be adjusted by putting a hex key in them and rotating slightly. I think you will find they may on a sort of offset cam to give adjustment.
If the window has dropped and you have to lift slightly to close try undoing the hinge screws a bit and see if you can push the whole thing up slightly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back