Adjusted 3 times new backdoor still letting in a draft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new UPVC back door fitted last week but the middle section of the door on the handle side is letting in cold air. The company that fitted the door has been out a further 2 times but the door still lets in cold air.
The problem seems to be that when the handle is pulled up the middle of the door is not pulled into the frame. The last man that made an adjustment said that the door would be hard to close ( he might have said lock) if the cams were adjusted.

Am I expecting too much that a new UPVC door is not air tight when locked?

Sponsored Links
Absolutely not, did you sign up for a door that would not do what's regarded as a reasonable job? I doubt it. Therefore point out to the company that fitted it that they are obliged under fair trading standards to provide what was agreed and expected, nothing less.
Contact your fair trading standards dept. and you will be able to confirm this...pinenot

Thanks for your input. It took a total of 4 visits including the origional install before the company got the door to keep the drafts out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back