ADT Engineer Code for London NW6

A

Amateur99

I have just moved into a house with an ADT galaxy 2-12. The vendor cancelled the monitoring contract but he didn't pay ADT to come out and "decommission" it.

So the equipment is now mine but the dialler is still calling ADT every night and because of my VM phone contract it's costing £10 a month.

To disable regular calls out I need to access 56 which requires an engineer's code. Default engineer's codes on the box have been changed, I've tried everything I could find on the web to no avail, needless to say ADT will only help if I pay them £150 plus to come out.

I'm in London NW6, would anybody know what engineer's code ADT might have used? Any help gratefully received.

Thanks![/code]

Sponsored Links
It would be interesting to know the legal position on this. Since you have never had any contract with ATD I don't see why they can insist that you pay to disconnect a service that you never requested. It's almost like blackmail and in your position I would certainly resist it.

Is the ADT equipment sold to the user or only rented/leased? I'm sure one of the experts here would know. If it's still ADT's property then I would write to them and say you are now going to charge them £20 a month for storage until they remove it.

If it was sold to the original owner then you have bought it with the house. It's your property and you are entitled to disable or remove the alarm altogether. Cut the cable to the sounder after telling your neighbours. It will time out after 15 minutes and then you can remove the control panel altogether.

Sponsored Links
Try here for suggestions on how to reset the codes to factory defaults: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=221008[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I've read that thread, but won't I then have to reprogram the whole system? I want to keep on using the alarm, I just don't want it to test-dial ADT every night!

Nothing is ever easy is it? This might be the manual for your alarm if you do decide to reset and re-program:

http://www.sdssecurity.co.uk/_perch...galaxy-g2-installation-programming-manual.pdf

The defaulting method for the G2 series does not require reprogramming of the system. Only the time and date are impacted.

with the G2 range the codes are dissed of of the system and the time/date (as soc says) but even with the installer manual you still will not be able to default it.

as it does not have the required data in the book

Oasis

Adt will not have to attend site to cancel the Monitering
They can simply dial into the system and change the parameters remotely.

You could try removing the telephone feed. The system may be programmed for line fail. But it's worth a try.

The galaxy isn't a DIY panel.

Adt will not have to attend site to cancel the Monitering
They can simply dial into the system and change the parameters remotely.

You could try removing the telephone feed. The system may be programmed for line fail. But it's worth a try.

The galaxy isn't a DIY panel.

Thnks for this and everything else so far. I have removed the phone line which gives a line fail and I can't set the system, but for now it's not dialling out. Not a proper solution though. ADT did not offer to dial in and fix it, guess they couldn't charge as much for that. I don't really blame them for wanting to make money, I just wish I could get the code and reprogram cos as you say it's clearly not a DIY panel and while I am game I fear I may not be up to the defaulting method!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back