ADT alarm beeping in newly moved house

Harrrogate is only 'recommended' not required.
When you are in some areas you can't even get the homeowner to give the names of two people who they would trust with the keys to their house.. :)

Sponsored Links
Met still ask for key holders.
RA forms to be filled in. These include key holders.
All areas wish this and want it applied and enforce where they can.

https://www.london.keyholderdatabase.org.uk/faqs.php#b

It IS a regulation for response systems and councils to have free access to opening premises with run away bells/sounders.

This also applies to other areas, I was giving you a chance to see for yourself.
As per, your trying to goad.

It is a regulation and guide for registered companies, all of them do this.

As before if you wish to purchase the relevant regs feel free. We pay good money for them.

Nothing I have said is misleading if a system is fitted by a decent company who work to the regs - self imposed. And try looking up EN rather than BS. As I said why should I do all the work?

Not too sure of your purpose here in this discussion, as one who has no real understanding.

Can you understand what we do? How and why safeguards are in place?
We work to a higher standard than required, well most do. That includes items discussed here.
Over and above DiY kit installed without even thinking.

Is this your concern?

When you are in some areas you can't even get the homeowner to give the names of two people who they would trust with the keys to their house.. :)

Shows why DIY tat is not to be relied on then.

Shows why DIY tat is not to be relied on then.

I agree it's an anomoly in the whole security industry the people who live in the areas where they really need it can't afford it.

No need to be rude about peoples expectations or financial limitations though.

Might be TAT to you but it's a nights sleep to them.

Sponsored Links
AUDIBLE INTRUDER ALARMS FORM A
NOTIFICATION TO POLICE OF NOMINATED KEYHOLDERS
Notes
i. The ‘Control of Noise (Code of Practice on Noise from Audible Intruder Alarms) Order 1981 (Statutory Instrument 1981 1829) gives guidance on methods for reducing the incidence of nuisance caused by the ringing of alarms. If you permit your alarm to ring unnecessarily action may be taken against you under section 80 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. It is therefore in your own interest to adhere to the procedures set out in the code of practice, which can be purchased at Government bookshops or through booksellers.
ii. Paragraph 5 of the code of practice states that the alarm-holder should, within 48 hours of installing a new alarm system or of taking over an existing one, notify the local police of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least 2 keyholders and that the alarm-holder should, at the same time, notify the local environmental health authority that the alarm has been newly installed or that he has taken over responsibility for an existing alarm system. The code also states that alarm-holders should notify changes in nominated key-holders to the police within 24 hours.

This is Bradford city councils take - it references the code of practice but does not make it a requirement.

Leeds council below also have registration as a voluntary act

When burglar alarms go wrong, they can cause annoyance if they continue to sound, especially late at night. All alarms should have an automatic cut-out after 20 minutes. But if an alarm does not cut out or cuts out briefly then repeatedly continues to sound this means it may have developed a fault.

The householder or premises occupier is responsible for ensuring the alarm is maintained in good working order. If an alarm is causing nuisance and the owner cannot be located it may be disconnected by the Environmental Protection Team. The expense of doing this can be quite considerable (usually between £200 and £300) and will be charged back to the owner.

In order to help prevent this situation we have an Alarm Keyholder Details Registration Scheme. You can register the name(s) of emergency key holders for your alarm so if it sounds and cause a nuisance we will try the contacts you provide so that they can come and switch it off.

The keyholder registration form on this page can be completed electronically, saved and emailed back to us at [email protected]. Please contact us if you have any difficulty with the form.

...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council. You will find the registration form at your councils website.
So if you`re not doing this your breaking local regulations.

All, systems, you said?

obviously not.

Still haven't seen any link to a legal requirement.

A code of practice is not a law, or a bylaw, or a requirement, and householders are not legally compelled to follow it. It "gives guidance" which is not at all the same thing.

I agree it's an anomaly in the whole security industry the people who live in the areas where they really need it can't afford it.

No need to be rude about peoples expectations or financial limitations though.

Might be TAT to you but it's a nights sleep to them.

At last you agree it is tat compared to decent equipment. Also a sensible reply without attack.
There is better as you know, not more expensive and actually graded for insurance.

If your "kit" was to be graded at 2, for battery reasons you would have more support.
But it is not, FFS it could be with a little more design.

Can you not see this?
That is the reason most disagree with you on a few (read a lot of aspects). Get it graded, use correct testing methods for mains connections and we would be singing from the same hymn sheet. It does not mean it becomes that more expensive either.
Then most would not criticise about someone taking money for DIY kit.

I am being gracious here, in the hope you could if as you say you fit so many systems in such rural areas. That you could ask for this to be done.

Why else are you interested in Visonic ( Honeywell, and you know unless registered they will not entertain you).

Your existing is tat for true security purposes. Has no line down/fault capability. SIA or other signalling methods,
But we do try and assist even your kit, as we have read the books. Thats called being an engineer, not a single item fitter.
Be honest and admit that, get a bit more involved and see the difference.

TBH sick of the bickering here between the pro fitters and the ones doing it for fun. Especially the single disciplined. Security is a multitude of skills that are honed over many years.

I cannot be any fairer than that now can I ?

JohnD";p="2341803 said:
...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council. You will find the registration form at your councils website.

You cut and missed the other points, as I said your goading and have no idea about signalling systems, and when fitted by a pro company we work to the same regs.

Buy the book.

No mate

You might feel goaded, but I am simply trying to find out the truth about a single point.

You asserted that "...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council. You will find the registration form at your councils website.
So if you`re not doing this your breaking local regulations"

I questioned your assertion.

We have established that it was incorrrect.

I am not interested in arguing about any other aspects that you might want to argue about.

We have established that the councils require this to be done.
We have established it is a regulation for companies that work to standards.
Feel free to contact BSI for the price of their standards.

No we haven't

We have established that some councils advise or recommend that it is done. You know very well that "recommend" is not "require". To require it would mean there was a law or bylaw in place. I have not been able to find one, and you have failed to show one.

I have not discussed what regulations some companies do or don't work to, because it is not relevant to my challenging your assertion that "...Key holders are required for all systems, check that one out too. Also to be on a register at the local council. You will find the registration form at your councils website.
So if you`re not doing this your breaking local regulations"

"All systems" would include DIY ones, so we know that part is not true.

"local regulations" would mean there were bylaws. I have not been able to find any in my areas where I have looked, and you have not shown any.

So without wishing to be awkward, I have to say that your assertion was incorrect.

I don't know why you want to argue about your mistake. If you're going to give info, please ensure it is correct.

The information is correct.
That is why there are the forms provided by the councils.

Various reasons,but one major one is for "run aways" as discussed in another thread. Where no key holders can be found a premises is accessed via a court order.

Ask your local EHO and he will say it should be registered. How it is enforced is region to region and several links have been provided.

Your merely playing with semantics here now, you have looked and seen the councils wishes which are requirements. Enforcing them is also down to each region. Wether they do or not my concern, associates and myself work to this as a matter of fact.

You can go on all day long, the fact is it is required. So we do it.
So you have established nothing.
Apart from trying to disrepute what has been said and proven by the links given.
Councils want keyholding details.
It is in the Police forms we use, thus a requirement.

As above how and if it is enforced is another matter.

We can play word games all night , but I believe you have been show the direction of the facts.

As you have and another commented you are not security professionals who work to the requirements we do.

This is rapidly becoming futile but do carry on if you feel like it by all means.

You said "Required" and "All" and "Local Regulations"

These are not correct.

I started by asking you, but you are not willing to admit your mistake.

Have a good day.

They are the last time I looked.
The last time I and others installed.
Your not willing to accept your error.

CYA.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back