ADT Galaxy G2 Bat-...Bat+ alerts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
A few weeks ago, ADT serviced my alarm and changed the battery.
Since then, but not every day, around 14.00hrs +-5 minutes, I have been getting a BAT- alert, followed a few minutes later by a BAT+ alert.
There are no other log entries around this time.
After viewing the log, the system sets OK and is then fine until the next time this happens.
Before I get ADT out, any ideas what might be causing this? I had thought of a loose battery connection but that would not explain the timing.
Thanks/

Sponsored Links
The panel does a load test at timed interval. It could very well be that the terminals are loose or that the new battery is faulty. The battery isn't always replaced on every service btw.

Thanks,

Yes I know the battery isn't replaced annually, and I know it was done this time. Interestingly, this battery was supplied with the 4G comms module that was fitted a few weeks before the service. The engineer who fitted the comms module noted that the existing battery was due for replacement and left the battery which was fitted at the next routine service. I gave it to the service engineer when he came.

I can get the system put on "user test" for 1/2 hour and then check the battery connections. If they are OK then I'll call ADT to come and test/replace the battery - at their cost since they supplied the faulty one.

I'm suprised the error is not reported to ADT automatically.

Sponsored Links
You can get a duff battery ….I’ve had some fire panels not like new batteries before ….

+ve battery terminal was a bit loose. I tightened it a little and no alert around 14.00 today so hopefully that's fixed it.
Tested the battery at 2A load and voltage looks OK, so should be fine as the mains PSU is only rated 1A.

If you have the eng code and are accessing the internals yourself, why not ditch ADT and go the self monitoring route ? The reduction in insurance premium for having an approved alarm isn't normally worth the declaring anyway. Customers having access voids any grading anyway.

The thing I wonder about selfmon is: who responds if I am miles away or out of the country and my keyholders aren't available?
Don't need the eng code to do what I did.

Who responds at the moment ….if you’re out of the country and key holders aren’t available ….

Supposed to be on police response via the ARC. Not happened for years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back