ADT Honeywell galaxy 2.12 comms fault message

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having been converted to fibre optic from copper telephone as everyone has to soon I have a comms fault message that requires engineer access for a permanent removal ……. but I only have the manager code .
ADT tell me they cannot supply the engineer code as they no longer hold records .
Local installers tell me they cannot obtain it or by pass the fault or even replace the control panel. They tell me my system is now totally defunct.
I have however found a by pass fix .
Type in your manager code .
Then hit
A … ENT …. ENT …. A … A … ENT

Your alarm is then on full set and working .

Unfortunately without an engineers code you will have to do this every time you want to set it. .

10 keys to hit instead or 1 but you haven’t needed to scrap your alarm !

Sponsored Links
The galaxy panels can't be locked, so just reset the eng and master codes.

There are also options to switch alarm reporting to a low cost IP based method by adding a low cost module like the SelfMon VMOD (LCE-K3).

I've sent a PM with more details.

Disclosure: I run SelfMon. There's also a SelfMonFacebook group of users who maintain and monitor their own systems.

Last edited:
In my experience with G2 panels, once you have reset the engineers code you still need to take out the root cause of the comm fault: your panel will continue to dial out and fail to get a connection which will reactivate the fault. What worked for me is to go to menu option 56.02 (telephone number 1) and erase the number using the B-key; then do the same on menu option 56.05 (telephone number 2). Finally, it may be necessary to switch off option 51.18.4 (Stop Set Tel line fault).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back