ADT GALAXY 16 error comms failure and system line fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have an un-monitored ADT galaxy 16 alarm system, which is now beeping and
displaying errors, such as comms failure and system line fault. It has been working
perfectly fine over the years with no issues. I have the ENGINEERS CODE but dont know what to do to sort it out?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks again for any replies.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
On my Galaxy G2-12 there's a setting for ignoring line faults, setting 56.1
It says "when set to NO there is no internal alarm or indication in the event of a telephone line fail".
I understand yours is a different system, but maybe it has something similar if you look around the menu in engineers mode.
Failing that...wait on GalaxyGuy to pick up your thread, I'm almost certain he'll have the answer.

edit...new Galaxy panels are available pretty cheap on ebay, and with a £50 Ethernet module you can self monitor it from your phone/internet etc from £1/month. Google selfmon for more info. It wouldn't be difficult to swap the panel over to the newer model if you wanted.

Firstly, is this a Galaxy 16+, as this is older and has a different programming structure. If you can, swap out for a Galaxy 12/20/44 depending on your zone requirements.

It sounds like you or your telecom provider has disconnected the phone line for some period and the panel has detected this. As Alan has said, there are menu options to disable these issues. Firstly, you need to disable line voltage detection by entering your engineer code (twice in succession) and then altering menu option 13.2.1 (Line Fail -> Line Volts -> Disabled). You will also need to ensure that any ADT numbers are deleted from sections 12.01, 12.02, 12.03.

Option 13 comms 2 line fault try turning it off page 85/86 in manual .... Google Galaxy 16 manual

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thank you for all your replies.
I just checked the module box and it is Galaxy 16 plus.
I have disconnected the internal beeping speaker connection, so I am glad to say I don't hear any more annoying beeps every 2 minutes.
I have followed galaxyguy's instructions but now I have the screen prompt saying open engineer mode, how do I go back to user mode?
Looking at the replies I would also be interested in an upgrade, can anyone recommend someone local to me in Wembley where I am situated to carry this out.

Enter the eng code, but instead of hitting 'ent' after the digits, hit 'esc'.

Thanks for your quick reply galaxyguy
I had a loose pir sensor in the hallway which I opened and secured yesterday, it is saying check tamper, open engineer mode. Maybe that is why open engineer prompt not going away, how do I sort it from here?

Hi all,
Actually looking a lot better now as back in user mode, working as it should.
Thanks for your help guys you are the best.

Again, my system is a bit different to yours, but the theory will be the same that if there's a tamper open it won't let you out of engineers mode. Go back and re-check the hall sensor you disturbed, maybe the cover isn't properly closed or something.

Edit... Put the sytem is engineers mode first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back