Galaxy 16+ "Comm failure"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am struggling with intermittent internal alarms going off on my ADT Galaxy 16+. These have recently occurred when the alarm has not been set.
It is connected to a working domestic telephone line (which I use only for broadband, these days..), but is no longer monitored.
When the alarm is activated, the panel display shows

[01] SYSTEM 10
COMM FAIL

I encountered this issue earlier in the year, and thought that the problem had been sorted when I disabled the Comms2 / Line Fail /Dial tone option. However after a few quiet weeks, the problem has reappeared.

I've entered engineer mode to check the comms settings, and have copied below the settings I noted.

Would be very grateful for any assistance!

Thanks
Jon

Alarm settings 4/3/20

Menu 12 Comms 1

01 Acct 0000

02 Tel 1 -

03 Tel 2 -

04 Format

1=DTMF

2= SIA0

3=SIA1

05 Receiver 3

06 Dial Type 0 DTMF

07 Triggers 1 (Fire), 2 (PA), 3 (Intruder), 6 (Medical) are all set to Enable. 4 Set, 5 Confirm and 7/8 (Zone 7,8) are all disabled

08 Autotest 00:00

09 Interval “

10 Access 1 Direct Access

11 Remote Tel -

12-15 Call Home 1-4 all clear (no values)

Menu 13 Comms 2

01 No. of rings 15

02 Line Fail

1: Line volts Enabled

2: Dial Tone Not enabled

3: Predial Ring Enabled

03 Fail to Comms: 03

04: DTMF 12345678

Sponsored Links
Remove the DTMF number 12345678. Delete using the 'B' key. Also disable the line volts enabled and remove the account 0000 using the 'B' key to delete. Remember to press 'ent' to save your changes.

The 16+ is really old and support stopped many years ago. You can swap out the controls for a Galaxy Flex and it will be compatible with all other parts of the system.

Many thanks for the support, GalaxyGuy.

I have disabled line voltage, and removed the 0000 account as you suggest.
I've not been able to remove the 12345678 DTMF number- I am able to delete it from the display character by character, using the B button as you suggest, but pressing Enter does not save the change.
BTW I incorrectly noted in the original post that Predial Ring is enabled- it is in fact currently set to disabled (which according to the manual is the default).

With the two changes above having been made (and one not yet made), the system is still activating while unset.

I do intend to upgrade the panel asap, but really would like to get this sorted temporarily (at least) in the meantime, as I am going on holiday shortly, and will not have time to source and install the upgrade before leaving the house empty for 10 days, so any further thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back