ADT Galaxy 8 Plus

Thanks Scott how do you disable in 13 . It says 1 to enable but not how to disable .assume 0 is to disable but it won't accept that ?

Sponsored Links
Yes tried that but goes to a - symbol rather than 1 but does not turn it off ?

IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0764.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
IMG_0766.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0768.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links
I've managed to trace the line back and the BT engineer had definitely disconnected the alarm feed for the phone. Still getting line fail and telecoms failure but I still done seem to be able to disable the coms even with the engineers code?

IMG_0789.JPG
IMG_0790.JPG

Used the alarm today and came back and it has call adt etc . Put eng code in and all I can find in error log is "system timeout" does anybody know what causes this error and if it's what cause the alarm to fail or a red herring ?

What's happening is that the panel has had an alarm condition and reset. It then generates a code that needs a cooresponding external reset code entered in order to flush a reset through the panel. You would normally contact the provider, tell them the code and if they were happy that it was a standard false alarm, they would generate and provide you the reset code to reset the system. If they weren't happy, they would schedule a service call and you would be locked out of the system until they arrived and reset it. If you hadn't paid your maintenance bill, then no reset...

If the system is not under maintenance, the technistore reset needs disabled. Menu 6 (parameters), then 10 (Remote Reset) to 0 (Off).

The 8/16 plus panels are a real hangover from the past and the menu system isn't as per all the other Galaxy panels. If you can, it really would make sense to replace with a G2-12. For £35 on eBay. All the remaining parts of the system are compatible with the new panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back