ADT Galaxy 8 Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Galaxy 8 plus alarm which in unmonitored. It was working fine until about 4 to 5 weeks ago when a BT engineer done some work on our phone line. It kept failing every now and again with comms failure (Call ADT code xxxxx). I guess this was because it could not connect to the phone line. I have the engineer code but I have somehow enabled the line volts today (section 13) and now the alarm just keeps coming up with "telecoms failure" and wont set. I cant work out how to disable the line volts (just says 1 to enable but wont accept 0 to disable) .

Can somebody please advise me how to disable all coms settings on this alarm in section 13

Thanks
Brad

Sponsored Links
Thanks Neil. How do I get to option 56 from the menu ?

Do I just enter 56 instead of 13 to get into that menu?

Try engineer code then enter then engineer code then enter then 56 then 10 then 1 to disable

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'll give that a go tomorrow. Does this switch off all coms or are there other settings in need to turn off as well?

If that dosnt work user code + ent+48+Ent+1+Ent+esc+esc then engineer code +ent
Then 56 then 10 then 1

Thanks I'll give it a go tomorrow . I'll let you know how it goes

It won't let me enter 56 as an option? Only allows 1 to 13 ?

Attachments

• IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 140
Are you in def in eng mode cause mine displays eng mode in banner

Mine usually displays enginee mode at too but does not now since it's displayed telecom failure?

The first pic is for Galaxy 8 and second for Galaxy g2

The 8 plus is a completely different menu structure to the proper Galaxy panels. Best bet would be to delete any account and telephone numbers in menu 12 to stop the alarm trying to dial out, then disable the line monitoring in menu 13 to stop it looking for line volts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back