ADT Galaxy Comms Fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have an old Galaxy 16 Plus, no longer monitored by ADP, but connected to a working phone line. Each time the alarm is triggered, I used to get hit with call charges, amounting to a few £ per month, so i decided to try to disable the comms.

Following advice from an old thread, I deleted the account number and the telephone numbers prevously used by ADP. (Menu 12, 1 and 12,2 and 3)
I also disabled the line volts detection (13,2,1).

Since then I have been getting an internal alarm sounding every two hours or so, with the panel showing COMMS FAIL. I have since re-abled the line volts detection, but the Comms fail persits.

I am thinking that the issue I have created for myself is that the panel is trying to confirm an active phone line is connected, but due to my having deleted the dial out numbers, is unable to do so.

Can anybody suggest what I should do in this situation (i.e. the alarm panel is connected to a working phone line which I do not want to use this)? I am wondering if there is a way to set a parameter to stop the line test, but cannot find a way to do this. I could disconnect the phone line terminals, but am not sure whether this would cure the issue, and also am not sure where these are located on the panel..

Would be glad if anybody is able to assist..?

Sponsored Links
If the line is still connected to a regular telephone line, it will not be line volts related. There must still be a phone number in one of the menus.

The g16+ is quite different menu/capability wise to the newer Galaxy panels. If you can get someone with some technical ability to change the controls over to a flex or even G2, then you'll have such better system. Only the panel will need swapped.

Thanks for the reply.
Thanks for the suggested alternatives to the old 16+ panel. I will upgrade if I have to.. but I hate waste, and so would prefer to find a solution to the issue than junk and replace the panel, if possible.

I have checked that both phone numbers for ADP as well as the Remote Tel No. have been deleted. There the possibility to input up to 4 Home Tel numbers and these are also empty. So do not understand why the panel is reporting a Comms Fail.

I have located the terminals on the panel which connect to the phone line, and wonder if simply disconnecting these would resolve my problem.
But I am guessing that the programming will then just look for a line which is no oonger present, and this will result in a 'comms fail', once again.

Any suggestions / thoughts would be welcomed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back