ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
This method works 100% but i have to aggree with MrYoung, i honestly don't think it should be given out on a public forum but thats my silly idea again.

Oh and why is that? Do burglars go around reprogramming alarms nowadays? If so - why?

Sponsored Links
irrespective on what i might post/say

there will always be persons who do not agree with what is posted,

giving information on how to default a particular control panel on a public forum, i don't think will cause any particular problems.

but others might see it differently, but all (most) of the persons posting on here will not (or don't want to) call an engineer out to do the job properly.

the engineers using/helping DIYers to fix there faults understand that alot of companies (including local firms) are trying to make more money by charging customers over inflated prices to rectify faults that take 5 mins to do.

yes i know the customer is paying for what we know, hell we dont charge silly amounts to fix a simple fault, from that we have gained a hell of alot of clients from the companies that do.

nut i am rambling on now.

if anyone needs to know anything about my company, please email me and i will answer all questions.

nite nite, it has ben a busy day and a busy night, 2 A#T systems reset back to factory!, honest i do not lie!!

John

To find the manuals I just googled the following +honeywell +Galaxy +"installation manual" +pdf

my G2 copy came from http://www.strathand.com/cdata/24498/docs/1758647_2.pdf

G3 can be found at http://www.dvisystems.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/galaxy_g3_installation_manual.pdf or http://www.conceptfiresec.com/docs/Galaxy-3-48c-3-144-3-144c-3-520-3-520c-user-guide.pdf

And http://www.pdfie.com/free-pdf/honeywell galaxy user manual-P1.html is always worth a try for any manuals your looking for.

Malcolm

Hi peeps,, I have no experience as an installer but i have 10 yrs experience as a regional security manager.

Giving out default alarm codes on forums is iresponsible guys. Members of staff working in premises protected by galaxy alarms can use the default engineer codes you have listed to tamper with the alarm system and delete or "spare out" zones from the alarm system where they work. It doesnt take a geneous to realise that this could allow a dishonest employee to enter the building at night through an entry point that has been removed from the alarm system and steal. It makes me suspicious that people are asking how to reset engineer codes on a forum.. Why dont you call the manufacturer if you own the system?

Please dont tell me this type of burglary doesnt happen because it has happened at big uk retailers such as BHS, TOPMAN and TK MAXX

I know that your going to tell me that the information you have given is in the engineer manuals but why are you "PROFESSIONALS" making it even easier for people to steal.

Sponsored Links
Would just like to re-iterate, that the information on defaulting contained in oasistechnicals post is incorrect and not how to.

We have to draw a line at incorrect information going out on this forum

@ Rossmacuk4, thanks for your concern but most peeps on the board are professional and dont disclose in public.

Hope me n joe are pals now ;) :p

ross
i now do not post (well most of the time) the defaulting codes etc to anyone on this site,
most of the time i advise to contact either an SSAIB or NSI company to reset the codes.

last week i attended a site, local to me, and defaulted and reprogged a G2 as he had bought it from Ebay and fitted it himself,

he had the programming manual but no master code/engineer code (sold as seen) from that i gained another 6 systems from the client.

so i now had added a few more installs to my portfolio.

what you are saying is true about staff changing codes etc and then burgling the site, but the staff must have been able to view the service tech when he attended the sites in question.

i used to work for a large national company based in Bradford Kxxxs, they are the preferred engineering company for Topman and they area all Galaxy, they used to do TX Maxx, they are ATS panels, (horrible pain in the butt panels), BHS are either Aritech, Galaxy or ATS as they are fitted by Chubb (i think, not sure because they were not part of the Kxxxs sites)

so to get into an ATS you really have to be a Initial or Chubb trained engineer as there are 47 key presses to get into full engineer!!!!

so what are saying is true, to a certain degree, as an engineer with over 25 years on the tools, i have never come accross a system that has been doctored by a member of staff.

i have gone to systems fitted by AxT that have more spared out circuits than working ones.

John

Have to add here it is irrisponsible to give out defaulting codes or defaulting methods on a non trade site.
I also have been in thisi ndustry for over 25 yrs and would never give out that information.
I would like to add the above links would not enable anyone to do much with a Galaxy, who ever posted the links has no real understanding of a high end panel.

To those that think companies are taking the urine for "locking down" panels with codes. It is to protect the ofter well intened but dim witted end user. Also to conform to police and industry standards for systems with police responce. We do not make the rules up, we work to them. By all means if you cancel your contract pay to have the code changed to your preference, but say goodbye to police responce, also when you inadverntadly delet/spare/not use a zone and your broken into, you have yourself to blame. Another reason we carry insurance for effective systems. This is why you have to have maintenance visits.
I also agree some larger companies are not worth the paper they use to write on, with some dismal systems out there.

People on here are generally tight fisted and wish to scrimp and scrape on something that may ( fire systems especially) save their lives and think they know better. To those I say good luck, hope you can sleep at night knowing your skillset may have endangered your and your families lives.
Most real engineers can, we do our job properly. I personally sign off buildings with 10,000 plus employees, fire systems and I KNOW if there is a problem the system will work as required.

This is a age old argument that we will never be able to make people realise it is done to protect yourself from yourself and to meet INSURANCE reqirements. You want the code, buy the system and fit it yourself, then see if your insurers will cover you.
Easy really.

Have to add here it is irrisponsible to give out defaulting codes or defaulting methods on a non trade site.
I also have been in thisi ndustry for over 25 yrs and would never give out that information.
I would like to add the above links would not enable anyone to do much with a Galaxy, who ever posted the links has no real understanding of a high end panel.

To those that think companies are taking the urine for "locking down" panels with codes. It is to protect the ofter well intened but dim witted end user. Also to conform to police and industry standards for systems with police responce. We do not make the rules up, we work to them. By all means if you cancel your contract pay to have the code changed to your preference, but say goodbye to police responce, also when you inadverntadly delet/spare/not use a zone and your broken into, you have yourself to blame. Another reason we carry insurance for effective systems. This is why you have to have maintenance visits.
I also agree some larger companies are not worth the paper they use to write on, with some dismal systems out there.

People on here are generally tight fisted and wish to scrimp and scrape on something that may ( fire systems especially) save their lives and think they know better. To those I say good luck, hope you can sleep at night knowing your skillset may have endangered your and your families lives.
Most real engineers can, we do our job properly. I personally sign off buildings with 10,000 plus employees, fire systems and I KNOW if there is a problem the system will work as required.

This is a age old argument that we will never be able to make people realise it is done to protect yourself from yourself and to meet INSURANCE reqirements. You want the code, buy the system and fit it yourself, then see if your insurers will cover you.
Easy really.

Well said mate, glad to have you on-board ;)

Oh and why is that? Do burglars go around reprogramming alarms nowadays? If so - why?
I know of cases where premises have been visited by 'service engineers' professing to be from the maintenance company to carry out a PMV.

While on site have added another access code to the system, then visited again out of hours.

So, yes they do.

Let's see the details then - or is it just here-say? :rolleyes:

Let's see the details then - or is it just here-say? :rolleyes:
I'm not a liar, so you will have to take what I have written as gospel.

I've been in this trade since 1971 and have a multitude of 'stories' that I could tell, both good and bad about the security industry, but it's not the sort of thing to spout off about.

Going back to what I said before, two wrongs there, one, the 'eng' who wasn't and the 'customers' who just accepted who he said he was without checking.

Got the gift of the gab, you can get away with anything.

I've been in it since 89 and I hear loads of stories in the wholesalers - it's just man talk (load of rubbish) and it's usually the ugly ones that claim to bed all their female clients. :rolleyes:

I've been in it since 89 and I hear loads of stories in the wholesalers - it's just man talk (load of rubbish) and it's usually the ugly ones that claim to bed all their female clients. :rolleyes:
I will reiterate, I'm NOT a liar.

What I've said is FACT, not fiction or fantasy or hear say.

I'm NOT going to expand on what I've said, if you can't / don't understand what I've said, you've got a problem.

Here-say then. Did you bed any clients today?

Personally not heard of that before, not to say it has never happened.
Dependent on the panel a quick search of the logs or a UDL would show when codes were added.
We all know an engineers code cannot add user codes, although we all know users can be rather foolish and pass theirs on. Again that is what logs are for.

As for bedding the female clients, well I did marry the secretary of a former company, does that count?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back