ADT Managers Reset Code Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Can any kind disgruntled ADT Engineer have the managers reset code for my Honeywell Galaxy Alarm series 2.

I am getting fed up of being ripped off by this company.

I have had them out several times at about £180 a pop. I could have a fort knox security system by now.

Please anyone can you help, I have called Honeywell who tell me that ADT need to give me the managers reset code but no chance of that. I have tried everything.

The codes I have tried are the defualt 12345 & 1234 backwards and forwards etc.

I thank you in advance

Ed

Sponsored Links
ADT should not have a "managers" code. Manager codes and user codes can set and unset the system. If your system is police calling it has to be on "Engineer" reset which requires an engineer to reset the system following a confirmed alarm. If your system is bell only (not police calling) then you should be able to reset the system yourself. If this is the case inform ADT that the system has to be set to allow you to reset it. If any problems with them then contact NACOSS who they are a member of . Both NACOSS and SSAIB have standards that registered alarm companies have to adhere to and forcing you to pay for a reset if it is a bell only system is wrong.

Grahame

Hi Graham,

Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

I just want to clear in what you have said in answer to my scream for help.

My alarm is wireless and following me changing the batteries in the pir's it keeps saying I need a managers reset. I think that without this the alarm is arming without the pir's operating because of the battery change.

This is the problem I am having. I dont have a policde setup and I own the alarm so I dont understand why ADT wont give me the code they set the box up with.

I guess I am looking for someone who knows the managers reset code.

Ed

Sponsored Links
If all fails with ADT then Look up the SSAIB web site and ring three companies in your area. explain the situation you are in and ask for an estimate to default and reprogram your alarm to allow you to reset the system. For a domestic system In the North East I would expect to pay around £80. (have you thought about speaking to trading standards)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back