Advertisments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever noticed how credit/loan companies saturate childrens channels with these 'Stuck in a downward spiral of debt? Here have lots of cash to make you happy - and buy a new car for him, a kitchen for her and that well deserved holiday for the family...'

There are so many of them so explicitly aimed at mothers at home looking after children, struggling with financial worries. I can just imagine all these husbands coming home to brainwashed wifes who think the've found tthe solution to all their problems...

Also noticed a big billboard advertising the church the other day. Funky new phone with the text message 'There must be more to life?'

Similar tactic... Different product!

Why would you have to advertise religion like some commodity???

I'm an aethiest, so I know the answer already! ;)

Sponsored Links
Me too.

But I often see punny billboards outside churches. My fave to date is:

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak."

My other favourite billboard was outside a camping shop in October:

"Now is the Winter of our discount tents." (Adapted from Rich III, of course!)

"We make life richer for the pourer." - Offy slogan

And there are loads more, but they don't spring to mind!

Sponsored Links
Do what I do. Ask for the JW's addresses so at a really inconvenient moment I can call on them and try and get them converted to atheism....

Or string them along saying there's something missing in your life etc. Then suddenly look angry and shout "PEACE AND BL***DY QUIET!" :p

securespark said:
Do what I do. Ask for the JW's addresses so at a really inconvenient moment I can call on them and try and get them converted to atheism....

Around Christmas time one year my parents had some botherers knocking on the door. My dad told them "Bog off, I don't believe in your faith!". They demanded to know if this is the case, why did he have Christmas decorations up...

"I'm a Wicca, I'm celebrating the winter solstice if you must know. Would you care for a clove apple?" :LOL:

he could have also said he is a worshipper of the great consumer god and that is why he has christmas decs. :LOL:

say a good sign outside church ages ago CH CH.what is missing UR.took a little thinking about but thought it was really cool.still not gonna church though :)

Selling religion like a commodity! They already bloody done it!

I believe one of the 'GOD channels' on sky has the sound layer encrypted, and an onscreen message comes up, telling you this number to call, to have the 'power of God' in your living room. :(

Don't know if its still like that, it was a year ago at least.

I have noticed that on Sky, "The Pub Channel" is only one or two channels away from "The Islam Channel"... ironic or intentional? :LOL:

pipme said:
Phew ! Almost thought you were a disbeliever

That has to be more fun than a non-believer. Your religion would be acting in disbelief at everything.

There seem to be plenty of them in my town, they are generally ladies and I hear them saying things like "What? She never did! She did? She never!"

Sponsored Links
Back