Advice appreciated - dust collector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

just like to say thanks in advance for any help.

I'm looking for an air purifier, specifically one that is good for dust removal. It's to go up in the attic. There are some important criteria:

It has to be quite heavy duty, as the attic is extremely dusty;
It should have a large capacity to collect dust, as it will be on pretty much continuously. I'd be happy to empty it out every few days or so;
It shouldn't be too loud, as that would disturb people's sleep.

I'm willing to spend as much as is necessary, but it would be great if the cost was say £500 or less.

Thanks again,

wellwellwell

Sponsored Links
IGNORE FOLLOWING - FILTER ONLY - No dust colllection

Following is normally for use in Workshops.
Meets much of your spec, EXCEPT for noise at 69dB.
Run it only during day?

This air filter offers great features and performance at a very competitive price. It features two stage filtration with pocket filters (previously only available on our top of the range AC2 machine and nearly twice the price) to provide filtration down to 1 micron. It has 3 speeds and a timer function so you can leave the unit to run for a period after you have finished in the workshop. Both of which can be applied by remote control, which is included with the machine. Also supplied with mounting hooks and chains.

Useful for reducing nuisance dust, particularly in small workshops. This unit provides effective two stage filtration for workshops up to 113m3.

https://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/two-stage-air-filter-with-remote-3-speeds-and-time-delay

reviews here
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Record-Power-Filter-Remote-Speeds/dp/B01DM48FZM

Last edited:
I would be asking why the attic is dusty? Mine was because of a lack of ventilation. Every visit resulted in a coughing fit (pre covid). Resolved by fitting tile vents. Now its almost pleasant to go up there ;)

is this attic a habitable room?

why is the dust a problem?

Are the undersides of the tiles visible?

Is yellow glassfibre insulation visible?

Sponsored Links
Is the roof felted? - dust and debris build up if not. A commercial vacuum cleaner (Nilfisk is good) with hepa filter and industrial quality bags can be used to remove the saw dust and builders waste that can accumulate from plumbing and electric works in the roof void. Insulating and boarding out the floor greatly reduces dust and makes any subsequent cleaning easier.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back