Advice -Doni need superseal inserts on these 10mm Pegler rad fittings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Picked up 4 of these today ti fit to new rads.

It’s all mainly JG 10mm with JG super seal (with rubbers) inserts in all connections.

On looking at these it seems it is VERY tight to get a superseal insert on as it seems so tight as the insert it very slightly wider/pokes out more than the 10mm pipe once inserted.

I do recall that I was told on here to use superseal for plastic to plastic (as in this case).
Then normal solid plastic inserts (no rubbers) for compression.
But it seems nobody sells them anymore and they definitely went deeper into the pipe that’s the superseals as there was less of a head on them.

Anyone advise please as these look a nightmare to remove once inserted.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
The rigid is part is for the radiator valve (compression) and the insert (super sleeve) is for the pipe to go into the pushfit part

Last edited:
Yes I know that.
But superseal/sleeve type inserts don’t fit.
The ends are to wide and fat.

Looks like you have to use compression type inserts as below.

Attachments

• IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Little update.
I went to LBS plum centre and they had Danfoss branded ones in packs of two.

Much heavier and more solid plus they have a proper (grey) collar like normal pushfit and the super seals fit it perfectly.

They are also cheaper then the Pegler brand from Screwfix that will not take a superseal insert (plus no collar but a clear extruded bit)

Won’t be using Pegler again.

Thanks guys.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Take off O ring at end of insert junior hacksaw cut end of insert to leave a thin flange.
How could you cut it to leave a thin flange?
The Pegler type you ‘might’ be able to perhaps file it down level with OD of the pipe.

I’ve replied with a better solution.

Thank ls for the advice as this could be used when not using Danfos ones.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back