Advice fitting rigid insulation in suspended floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just checked with Building Control the thickness of Kingspan (or similar e.g. Celotex, Xratherm) to use between the joist on my suspended floor. I need at least 120mm of Kingspan, the trouble is, my joists are only 115mm deep.

Please does anyone have suggestions how I might mount the insulation? I relalise battens or nails are usually used to rest the insulation on. But, as my insulation will protude by 10mm I can't do that.

Sponsored Links
I've just checked with Building Control the thickness of Kingspan (or similar e.g. Celotex, Xratherm) to use between the joist on my suspended floor. I need at least 120mm of Kingspan, the trouble is, my joists are only 115mm deep.

Please does anyone have suggestions how I might mount the insulation? I relalise battens or nails are usually used to rest the insulation on. But, as my insulation will protude by 10mm I can't do that.

I think I'll use Corner braces. Toolstation sell 40mm braces for around £7 per 100.

I assume you have space under the joists?

If so you could use "L" shaped brackets screwed into the joists that have the horizontal arm 10mm below the bottom of the joist.

Sponsored Links
I assume you have space under the joists?

If so you could use "L" shaped brackets screwed into the joists that have the horizontal arm 10mm below the bottom of the joist.

Thanks for the reply, yes I have about 8" below the joist and intend to use the "L" Brackets.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back