Floating insulation for UFH on suspended floor...but not between joists!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

Has anyone advise or experience on the following...

I'm looking to lay slab insulation on top of an existing suspended floor (ground floor & well ventilated) as a floating floor and then top it with Engineered top boards. Floor height is not a problem and it seems easier to do.

Then the idea of installing UFH has developed and I need to know if it's OK to buy some kind of pre-routed insulation slabs designed for UFH and use them, instead of the standard celotex / kingspan type, then lay in the UFH system...topping it all off with Engineered flooring.

Sponsored Links
Hello,

I'm looking for some thick insulation panels for UFH pipe, preferably thicker than 25mm, and the only things I can find are Polystyrene (EPS) which I understand isn't as efficient as PIR boards...any ideas?

I thought wet underfloor heating was designed so the pipes heated up the screed that was poured over them, and the screed retained the heat.

Sponsored Links
I understand that there are a number of ways and using screed is one of them, however, you can also lay certain floor coverings (19mm Engineered board in my case) directly onto UFH pipes inserted into 'spreader' panels, without any other intermediate substrate between them.

Does anyone have experience of this?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back