Advice for Mixer Tap WashBasin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all,

a quick one, i am getting a builder in to do some work and additionally i want them to replace some single taps in the bathroom to mixer taps.

i want to purchase these.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/grohe-eurosmart-mono-basin-1570-15660

and this is what i currently have, is this possible??

BasinTap.jpg

BasinPipes.jpg

i know it comes with that pull thing at the back, but i am not interested in using that or replacing the sink. just want some mixers in there.

would be grateful for any advice on this please.

Thanks
Ash

Sponsored Links
You will need to replace the basin as the tap you are looking at fitting is a monoblock installation which uses a basin with one hole.

That pull thing is a pop up waste which eliminates the need for a plug and chain.

Andy.

Not without changing the sink! The tap you want requires a center hole in the sink ,the sink you have has two holes.If you dont want to change the sink your other option is to fit a mixer tap that has two fittings converging into a central mixer

I was thinking of installing one of those soap dispensers on the other side that not being used..

i figure the hole should not be an issue? and pop up waste, i am not bothered about either.. When time comes i will replace the sink..

My urgency right now is the hot water being too damn hot...

thanks

Sponsored Links
what i am also trying to say is, i am not fussed about aesthetics of the tap being in the centre, can it work being on the left or right, and i will use the other hole for the dispenser that i found that fits in the sink and later on i will replace the sink for a mono.

hope that clarifys.

cheers for the advice so far.

thanks

If your not fussed about it being off center then fine,but i'd use flexable tap connecters to make yuor pipework easier to line up

There should be a cylinder stat attached to your hot water cylinder. Have a look what it is set to.

Andy.

yeah pretty much not fussed for looks right now.

excellent, so thats all i need, flexible hoses to connect pipe to the mixer.

thanks for advice everyone.

If your not fussed about it being off center then fine,but i'd use flexable tap connecters to make yuor pipework easier to line up

You should be firstly establishing why your water is too hot before fitting a mixer. IMHO.

Andy.

Well when i first turn the tap on its fine, but if you let it run for a few mins it will get hot, then after that you cant exactly leave your hands their for too long without gettting burnt. I thought all single hot water taps did that.. dont they???

You should be firstly establishing why your water is too hot before fitting a mixer. IMHO.

Andy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back