Advice for venting roof space.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Shortly i`m going to be stripping off an old slate roof and reslating it in marley eternits.

I will be using dry vent ridge system (sandtoft) and will be using breathable underlay.

I`m just wondering if i should be putting a few slate vents in to help with crossflow.

I don`t think the roof has any eaves vents , it`s an old roof and the fascia board is literally a piece of skirting board nailed flush to the brick.
However, they have not had complaints of condenstaion with the old roof (although obviuosly it had no felt).
So i`m thinking should i possibly stick a couple of low level tile vents in to create a flow through to the vented ridge line? Or would the vented ridge line with breathable felt be enough to provide adeaquate ventilation?

edit: Forgot to mention, i will be fitting 3 in 1 fascia vent system - 10mm fascia vent, roll form , and felt support trays.

Sponsored Links
if your using breathable felt, and fascia board vents alongside the vented ridge system, you have done enough mate. No need for tile vents.

Should be fine with what you have specified. Anymore might be too much. Cant see you having any problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back