Advice how to connect Washing Machine into existing sink U bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am after some advice on how to connect the drain on a Samsung ECO Bubble washing machine into my kitchen sink U Bend, There has never been a washing machine fitted before so i will be starting from scratch but to my untrained eye it looks as simple as connecting the pipe to the existing fitting already under the sink with a Jubilee clip.....surely it can't be that simple?

123146-a0237b405937bec4542b2456b3b8661c.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2560-2.JPG
    IMG_2560-2.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,117
Sponsored Links
to my untrained eye it looks as simple as connecting the pipe to the existing fitting already under the sink with a Jubilee clip.....surely it can't be that simple?
It can be and it is.
But check the appliance waste connection on the trap, does not have cap on/in it first, as that would need removing.

Yep. As pbd says above... just make sure that spigot isn't bunged up with a cap and you may have to cut the end off the spigot to suit the circumference of the drain hose (which may have a rubber boot on the end).

Thanks for the quick response! that makes life very easy just the water feed to sort now are the self cutting taps actually any good? I only ask as i have a very short length of pipe sticking out of the wall to play with.

Sponsored Links
I avoid them like the plague but have had to resort to the things in the past.

You confirmed what i was thinking put the effort in now and do properly and save regret in the future.

Cheers!

Make sure you loop the washing machine drain hose up, from where it attaches to the waste, to prevent backflow from the sinks(s) running into the washing machine.

Can't see from pic but if you have room above swap the hose nozzle round with the blanked off one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back