Advice identifying ch/hw system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my old place I had a pressurised combi system and I was fairly competent with basic tasks like isolating rads, removing and replacing rads, draining down systems refilling/pressurising etc

I recently moved into a new property and would like to identify what type of ch/hw system I've got so I can research the correct procedures I need to do before carrying out any work that might require me to remove any rads or any other related tasks

Im pretty sure the system isn't a pressurised combi as there is no combi boiler.

What I have got is....
A big cylinder in the upstairs cupboard with a couple of motorised valves and a pump

In the loft there is one small tank ( I think this is what you call a header tank?)
Two large tanks
I've not ben able to access them to see what each one does
View media item 95916 the pic is not great...I'll try and get another

In the kitchen down stairs some sort of boiler
View media item 95917
I can't see a pressure gauge on any of the components.

Any ideas what type of systems it is?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Open vented heating with gravity domestic water on an aging Glow Worm heat only boiler.

Standard Honeywell S plan.

All components, including the pump are knocking on in years, so budget for replacing them as and when, although they could trundle along for years more.

Cheers Dan,

The house has only had one set of previous owners from new so im guessing is the original system which makes it around 25 years old.

everything is working still but the pump is a bit noisy and the honeywell timer control unit only works on certain settings.

so yes i am planning at some point to have to replace everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back