Faulty CH/HW control unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a faulty / worn out Honeywell unit that needs to be replaced / fixed.

1. How do I remove this unit?
I cant see any fixings or access panels and I don’t want to break it in the process

2. Do you know of any suitable replacement units? http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Discontinued-Products/

3. Should I replace the unit myself or am I better of paying someone to do it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
All new programmers use the same backplate, unfortunately the one in your pics does not use this backplate so will need replacing and re-wiring, shouldnt be too expensive to get someone in to do it but not a massive job if you decide to do it yourself

does anyone know the model number of these parts so i can look for a suitable replacement. ( can find them on the Honeywell site)

In terms of replacing them, im a bit confused about the names of the components i need

looking at the honeywell site it looks like need a wired thermostat

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Thermostats/Room-Thermostats/Wired-Thermostats/

and a time switch

http://www.honeywelluk.com/products/Time-Switches-and-Programmers/Time-Switches/

can anyone confirm if i am correct and would i need any additional parts or should replacing these two parts alone be sufficient?

In terms if actually fitting them is it just a case of disconnecting removing the old then fitting and wiring in the new ones?

you need to find out if you have a fully pumped or gravity system , with the old controls could you get Heating on its own or did the HW light come on at the same time? if the HW light came on when you just selected CH then you have a gravity system , if you could get CH without the HW coming on you have a fully pumped system

Sponsored Links
I believe its an open vented heating with gravity domestic water
although there is a pump fitted to the system...see my other thread here

It is possible to get heating on its own without HW.
It is also possible to get hotwater on its own with out CH

You have a fully pumped system, dans description was a bit confusing.:whistle:

if you can get CH without the HW being on then you have a fully pumped system and not a gravity HW system both systems would have a pump but the pump would only come on when CH is required in a gravity HW system

So now that we know it's a fully pumped system can any one recommend some suitable replacement components and the process required to install them?
(I intend to replace the timer and thermostat as a set)

Rob.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back