Joining Kitchen doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone familiar with a method of joining kitchen cupboard doors like this:

ive got an existing door that i just painted....it is actually a cupboard door and a drawer front that are stacked vertically and look like they have been joined by some sort of dowels possibly. I couldn't find any way to unscrew/remove whatever has been used to join the doors when painting them

Im trying to do the same thing in order to make up a few doors to fit some units that im fitting and want to get an idea of the best way to join some doors and drawer fronts without using a metal plate on the back of the doors.

any suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
without a suitable dowel jig it will be difficult to get strait level and parallel holes

Sponsored Links
What's wrong with the simplicity of a metal plate?
Want to keep looking as close to the existing ones as possible.
I also think it looks neater than having a plate and some screws at the back...i know that will only be visible when the door is open but i just think it will be a neater look.

the trouble you have is your restricted to 8mm dowels as 10mm will not leave enough meat on the flat section
you would also be better off using dowel rod as say 35-45mm dowels wont give a decent amount off support to the joint at only 15-20mm in each half

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back