Door frame on Paramount plasterboard wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im currently doing my bathroom and have to remove the tiles from a paramount plasterboard wall.

Based on how the tile removal from the other walls has gone so far im expecting to have to rip out the board on the bathroom side, add some additional timbers and then re board the whole wall.
Something like this

The part im not sure about is what to do around the door frame as Ive never removed and replaced a door frame before so have no idea where to start. would the frame need to be completely on both sides of the wall? if so How do i go about this with out destroying too much?

I found another thread where the person cut into the wall leaving a small strip of the existing board that can be used to butt the new board up to and make good or tile over. No sure ill be able to so this since the tiles and adhesive are very strong meaning im having to remove pretty much all of the existing boards so far

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back