Advice needed for a restaurant renovation flooring problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, this is my first post here but have used forums before as they are ususally a good means of accurate information and advice.

I am in the process of buying into the business I work for, and relocating to a new premises. The proposed premises is over 2 floors, the downstairs will be a cafe-bar / wine-bar and the upstairs the restaurant.

The downstairs is 40m2 and the upstairs 50m2, with the toilets and stairs around 20m2 each.

I am trying to find flooring options that will hold upto the wear and tear, look good, and not cost a fortune, as there is quite a large area of floor to cover.

The restaurant has a very high standard, so the floor covering needs to look good. If money was no object I would have a nice old real wood floor through out.

There is no reason why just one covering needs to be used, which can also help the budget.

Please can you offer any opinions of flooring options that suit my needs.

Thank you in advcance
Jamie

Sponsored Links
what is your budget?

Cheap flooring is a false economy and will cheapen the image of your business

IMHO the best and most practical surface you could lay would be an LVT tile (trade names like Karndean are a LVT) its smart, easy to clean, hard to damage and even has an anti slip rating (R8)
You should also consider fitting proper non slip nosings to your stairs

You should expect to pay around £60 - £80 per square metre (fitted)

so you are looking around £6 - £7 grand including nosings

Remember to be careful not to cut corners with this type of flooring the money you pay is in the skill of the installer. If you search on here there are several threads from people who have done it on the cheap and now have problems with the floor lifting (one is from a restaraunt!!!)

Yes karndean is a good idea just go to www.karndean.com you can have your rustic looking floor in easy to care for long lasting vinyl form, they also send you samples free.. If you go for this be sure to choose qualified fitters!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back