Advice needed on extending my Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am exploring the possibility of extending my garage myself. I am by no means shy of DIY, and know my way around the tools well, however this is all new to me!

I have a single skin garage made of blockwork, with a slightly sloping roof of corrugated plastic sheeting. Behind the garage is a lovely 6ft pad, running the width of the garage which would make a lovely extension to it. At the moment, its tight to work on my car. The outside is a pebble dash type finish. Its located in my garden, and will not need any planning (This has been checked)

I have thought of a few ways of doing it, however I am after some advice with how difficult each method would be, weather its actually doable and cost. (As ever, I am on a budget)

My first thought was blockwork. Would I need to dig deep footings on all three side of the extension, or just the new end wall? How would I join into the current pebble dash finish?

Timber framed, with a brick exterior, is this possible or cost effective? Matching the pebble dash wouldnt worry me.

Timber - basically like constructing a shed on the back, which is connected to the garage. I would want it double skinned if I did this I think?

What's your advice, am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Many Thanks,
Louis

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back