mounting an awning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I just bought a retractable patio awning and I am unsure if I can install it. it is 3.5m long with a 2.5m throw when extended. it came supplied with 2 heavy duty brackets and 4 rawl plugs.

now the location I want to put it I have 2 choices but not sure if either are suitable:

1. above my rear kitchen window and door are a series of vertical bricks I have been told this could be a plinth? not sure if I can mount it here is it strong enough or will they pull out the bricks.

2. Above the plinth my house is then covered in pebble dash bout 2cm thick then concrete blocks behind. could I mount it onto the pebble dash if I got slightly longer rawl bolts to make it sturdier, or mark out the area where the brackets go and remove pebble dash for brackets to fit as flush as possible, or use rubber/foam cut out and attach this to rear of bracket to allow a flusher fit against pebble dash.

any help would be aprecieated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back