Advice needed on heating design

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Just joined and hoping to both ask the stupid questions and help others where I can.

I need some advice on a heating system I have designed and in the process of installing with my friend.

The basic crux of the system is that is is half underfloor and half radiators.

I have now installed all the wet underfloor heating and I am about to install all the radiators.

Both are plumbed down into distribution manifolds in the basement.

I am intending to install a solar powered heated water system from Navitron to heat the water in a buffer tank then draw the heat via heat exchangers.

I also want to install a pair of log burners with back boilers for a heat source when the sun does not shine or should I say there is no solar gain.

I want to do all this on a non-vented system due to the project being in France and this is how all the heating systems are installed in France. Have I come across a stumbling block with the system and non vented requirements?

Cheers

Dickspanner

Sponsored Links
Nice try DeltaT. Getting bored are we?
Even dwackwell has you sussed as he hasn't posted his usual cut and paste.

Sponsored Links
Think I have been confused with a person second ID posting. I am a new member and my scheme is in France. I have finished installing my underfloor heating network and installing my radiator circuits at the moment, both systems got down to manifolds in my CAV (basement), I purchased a mixed pump for the underfloor heating and digital room stats and actuators for the underfloor but have not installed them.
I was going to fit a Brossley Hurcules 30B log burner in both ends of the farm house which have a 22kw output back boiler but when I spoke to them they said they both have to be vented.

In france they only install none vented systems so I could installed a vented system and not comply with French installations possibly voiding my insurance or I could look for a none vented system.

The Navitron system I am going to install is a 30 tube unit with sealed tank so this system would comply and Navitron say they can put other holes in the tank so I can put as many heat exchanger coils in as needed.

So my original question stands, could I install the system none vented?

Dickspanner

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back