Advice needed on how to laminate around stair post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Attached is a picture showing the space for the end of row laminate plank and the stair post with two returns. I've undercut the post by about 20mm to hide the laminate under but cannot figure out how to cut the plank.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Daz

Attachments

• IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4541.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 404
Sponsored Links
Easy answer would be to use PVA glue on the joints for this. Similar to

Use a scribe, a pencil and a length of scrap wood will do. A hand saw cuts on the down stroke so no need to transfer the markings underneath.

If unsure about accuracy do a/several test cuts on spare laminate board first, you can use that as a template.

Blup

Thanks for the replies. I've drawn a sketch (not to scale) of how this plank should look but am unsure, even if I manage to make it, how I'd physically get it in! What do you guys think?

Attachments

• plank.jpg
    plank.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 277
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I've drawn a sketch (not to scale) of how this plank should look but am unsure, even if I manage to make it, how I'd physically get it in! What do you guys think?
If you have undercut then why is it not a simple right angle to go under? Perhaps you should undercut a bit more?

Attachments

• LaminateUnderPost.png
    LaminateUnderPost.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 269
If it were me (just a DIYer), I would do it with two boards joining at the post (cut a piece to start the row accordingly)

Two staircases in one home? Unlikely.
Fair point, I guess I should have said "similar issue" rather than "same issue".... Anyway, I decide on the marble for my flooring anyway :)

Attachments

• b8fdbcc67e52d953e3bac3eb85f36110.jpg
    b8fdbcc67e52d953e3bac3eb85f36110.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 239

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back