Advice needed on re-using euro cylinder in thinner door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We recently moved into a new home and after moving in i replaced all the euro cylinders on the 4 external pvc doors with new anti snap ones. They are 55/45 euro cylinders, keyed alike.

Not long after we decided to renovate the kitchen and part of the renovation was to remove and brick up the external door there, so now i have a spare euro cylinder from that door.

I also recently purchased a new wood external door for the garage which is 45mm thick.

Rather than not use a good anti snap keyed alike euro cylinder, is there any door hardware i can buy that will allow it to be installed in a 45mm door so it wont stick out too much and be secure?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Sponsored Links
I think that buying a shorter cylinder is the answer. Your current one is 100mm overall, for most 45mm doors you only need a 35/35 (70m overall). No door handles will cover this difference. You could get another shorter cylinder to the same difference

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back