Advice Needed on Slik Stormguard Sliding Door Gear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thinking of getting one of these to change the door in our box room to a sliding door,
http://www.screwfix.com/p/slik-br26-door-gear-ball-race-762mm/12029

The things is there are no videos online anywhere of the finished item, wondered if anyone had ever fitted one,how they felt about it after they fitted it, i want to know if it leaves any gaps any where and if it shuts into the existing door frame or sits back off the frame, thanks for any info guys

Sponsored Links
Well as no one seems to of fitted one i just went ahead and bought the kit, the instruction were absolute rubbish i think a spent more time trying to work them out than fitting the item, also the instruction are designed to run over a concrete floor or wood floor not carpet so some self adjustment was needed, it does not fit in to the recess and you need to add bits to fill in gaps at the end of the door, you have to remove the top part of the door frame and replace with a plinth for the runner to go on, all in all it took just over a day, if i was to do another one now i think 4-6 hours, pleased with the finished product and the increased bedroom space in the small box room,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back