Internal Sliding & Folding Door Gear - Manufacturers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to fit a mechanism for a sliding door & two sets of folding doors into walk-in wardrobes. I've come across THIS priced @ £30.73 incl VAT.

Is that gear mechanism any good? Or are there better recommended manufacturers of such gears?

Sponsored Links
Anyone have any opinion on this at all? I'd much appreciate some recommendations :).

Are the proposed doors normal internal doors ( example 1981 x 762 x 35 ), or are you thinking of cabinet / wardrobe doors i.e. 20 / 25mm thick?

Are you thinking Bi-fold doors or are you thinking of doors that slid and fold into the wardrobe when opened?

Are you thinking of mirror doors ?

Internal doors, non bi-fold, and maybe gluing a mirror on the door afterwards.

Sponsored Links
Ah, the other 2 sets of doors are 20mm thick 'wardrobe doors'.

Sorry still none the wiser, is there any way you can post a drawing. For me or any one else to give you advice a clear description of what you want to achieve including a sketch would be a great help. A simple sketch of the plan view showing which door is which will do.

Are the 20mm wardrobe doors hinged or sliding, if hinged are they hinged to the internal doors or to there own frame?

It is said a picture is worth a thousand words.

It may be worth asking the same question on the carpentry forum.

Example of sliding door gear which I require is that sold by PC Henderson .

Example of bifold door gear which I require is that also sold by PC Henderson .

PC Henderson is the first link in google when searching for "sliding door gear".

I'm not sure whether that is a good manufacturer of said gears or not. They're all around the same price from various suppliers/manufactures.

Internal doors, non bi-fold, and maybe gluing a mirror on the door afterwards.

When I asked in the first instance if any of the doors are bio-fold, I am sure you replied non bio fold doors.

I was referring to the door which is not bi-fold :). I need to order the gear today, gues I'll just go for the PC Henderson one.

Hi EViS.

Sorry to drag up an old post. I'm thinking of purchasing the Henderson BiFold door kit and would be interested to hear your experience of it.

How many doors did you use? What's the width of your opening? I'm currently thinking of covering a 3000mm opening with 8 doors, four each side but I've just realised there is only a bottom pivot not a track so I'm not sure if it will run straight. I might have to go for the husky version.

Anyway I'd be interested to hear your opinions on how easy it was to install and how well it functions.

Thanks,
Trish

ignoring the spam...

I thought I'd just update this topic with what I went for in the end in case anyone else has a similar dilemma.

The bi fold wasn't suitable (can't remember why, sorry) so I ended up with 2 Husky 25 kits and the top rail but the bottom channel wasn't required as it was only for domestic use.

Works a treat, I'm really pleased with it.

I can also recommend the Henderson Expert service. I contacted them with all my questions, they got back promptly and purchasing directly from them was cheaper than locally and shockingly a lot faster (the local supplier they told me it'll take 6 weeks).

Trish

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back