Advice needed on very minor Karndean repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but I'm hoping someone on the forum can offer me some advice. I have Karndean in my kitchen and carpet in my dining room. When we replaced the old carpet and the metal trim between the two rooms, a short end piece of Karndean (about 6" long) lifted at the threshold just inside the kitchen. It is still held in place at one end under the new trim, but is unstuck at the other end. Can anyone advise me the best, quickest and cheapest way to fix this as a domestic user? Would it be ok to use a smear of something like no more nails glue or similar, then put a weight on it to hold in place until it sets? I don't want to lift the trim in case that makes it any worse. Thanks for reading this.

Sponsored Links
Lift the trim up, but as you lift the trim, keep pressure on the tile as close as possible to the screw holes, so not to lift anymore tiles. Remove the problem tile, clean the glue off the back of tile, should just rub off with your thumb, try the same with the floor underneath the problem tile. even vacuum the area to get rid of any dirt and dust.
Now what glue to use, you should look on ebay for a small tub of Karndean Pressure Sensitive adhesive. but if you really wanted a quick fix, try clear silicone.
No nails and glues to that nature and too messy, and you will get glue everywhere, and its hard to clean off. Clear silicone will be invisible, waterproof, and will give you a good strong bond, also very easy to clean off any excess when its set.
Let the tile set overnight before refitting the trim.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back