Advice on a bse to raise toilet bowel. :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please help and recommend a type of material to place under a toilet pan base? you see I have moved into a house where the toilet needs to be replaced asap however the current toilet is sitting on a number of pieces of wood. After measuring I estimate that the toilet that I have purchased to replace the current one where the waste exits to the external drain in order for the joint on my new toilet to fit this connection I would need to raise the base by 7-8cm. With this in mind what would be a good material that would be sturdy (to attach toilet base screws to), hygienic (not porus) and easy to shape.

Katie
DIY beginner. :)

Sponsored Links
Could anyone please help and recommend a type of material to place under a toilet pan base? you see I have moved into a house where the toilet needs to be replaced asap however the current toilet is sitting on a number of pieces of wood. After measuring I estimate that the toilet that I have purchased to replace the current one where the waste exits to the external drain in order for the joint on my new toilet to fit this connection I would need to raise the base by 7-8cm. With this in mind what would be a good material that would be sturdy (to attach toilet base screws to), hygienic (not porus) and easy to shape.

Katie
DIY beginner. :)

Thats tricky! Are you sure it needs raising that far? your feet will dangle when you sit on it, lol.

An easily worked, non porous material 80mm thick?
I think you'd do better making a frame of say 50mm pine, screwing that to the floor, and then adding a good thick ply-wood top to it. Assuming that you'll want to add the floor surface to the small stage that you've made, before you add the loo.

One off the wall solution, especially if you are working on the ground floor or concrete floor - could be to consider casting a fine concrete slab. just make an outer frame (that you will remove when the slab is cast), make a template for the fixing holes in the toilet bowl that covers the frame, and use it to fix a couple of hefty rawlpugs in the right places before you add the mix (so they get cast into the block). you could even pop in a bit of mesh to make the whole thing stronger.

It might be worth considering making a bit more out of the 'stage' that you are going to build, so that it included a platform for the feet while sitting, or even a whole split level loo.

No too weird - anyway, at least this comment should bump your question back up, so that someone with a better idea will see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back