Help - Advice for a base to raise a toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please help and recommend a type of material to place under a toilet pan base? you see I have moved into a house where the toilet needs to be replaced asap however the current toilet is sitting on a number of peices of wood. After measuring I estimate that the toilet that I have purchased to replace the current one where the waste exits to the extenal drain in order for the joint on my new toilet to fit this connection I would need to raise the base by 7-8cm. With this in mind what would be a good material that would be sturdy (to attach toilet base screws to), hygenic (not porus) and easy to shape.

Katie
DIY beginner. :)

Sponsored Links
shaped and painted timber is the best option, but 7-8cm is some size of base, i would need a ladder to get onto that pan :LOL:

Where does the soil pipe exit?

It sounds like a disaster trying to raise it!! I pic might help, there could be a simple solution here.

I would seriously be looking at lowering the height of the soil (outlet) pipe for the pipe. Or building a sturdy platform to sit the loo on, so you step up to use it. Unconventional, but just raising the pan that distance is likely to leave users with their feet hanging in mid air.... (Smaller members of the male population would have to aim upwards and hope I think.... :D )

Sponsored Links
it the soilpipe cast iron with a raked inversion angle and the existing toilet has a raked outlet.

if you try a put a ordinary toilet on this you would need to raise the pan the 7-8".

However there are 2 solutions to this problem you either buy the same style of toilet twyfords still make them and they available from city plumbing next day.

Or you cut of the bellend of the cast iron with a coarse hacksaw or 9"grinder and put a 3" multiquik inside the soilpipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back