Advice on a home booster pump please....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently moved into a 2nd floor flat that has adequate mains pressure but very poor pressure on all the other taps due to lack of head.

I installed a Stuart Turner 2 Bar pump to the main bathroom shower only when I refitted the bathrooms but only noticed after that the basin taps pressure was low and the toilet cisterns take approx 10-15 mins to refill after flushing.

I have found the Grundfos UPA 15-90 home booster for around £140 and just wanted to know if anyone has experience of installing these and how effective they are? Also if anyone has any other suggestions to remedy the problem?

http://www.heatweb.com/pdf/Grundfos/UPA_Home_Booster.pdf

Any advice would be appreciated - cheers!

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your water supplies to the bathrooms are tank fed. You should be able to change the nozzles in the ball valves in the loo cisterns for the low pressure [usually red] nozzles. You may have fitted continental style taps for mains pressure operation. I would prefer to change these for low pressure British style taps, rather than fit more boosters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back