Grundfos Home Booster Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grundfos Home Booster and the water pressure has just significantly dropped.

The display shows Status S, Pump Fault below 0.5 bar, Call Service

Does anyone know what this might be?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How long ago was itr installed and what is the model number?

Have you had it serviced regularly?

Is it still useable?

It should have been fitted with a manual bypass for when its not working.

Tony Glazier

Thanks for your reply Tony.

Not sure of the model number but it was purchased and installed in 2006.

I haven't had it serviced due to the massive cost that euro pump charge.

It does fortunately have a bypass!

Thanks

What are "Euro Pump" to do with it? What do you call a "massive cost" for a service? Dont you think that servicing might help to prevent breakdowns?

As far as I am aware neither of the two models of Grundfoss Home Booster have any fault display.

Can you not see a model number on the unit?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that's the one!

It's in a flat I rent out so haven't actually seen if the pump is running on.

Might try and switch to pump b inside control box to get it working for now and then maybe get a service afterwards, was quoted £275+ vat today by grundfos euro pump.

What are "Euro Pump" to do with it? What do you call a "massive cost" for a service? Dont you think that servicing might help to prevent breakdowns?

As far as I am aware neither of the two models of Grundfoss Home Booster have any fault display.

Can you not see a model number on the unit?

Tony

EuroPump is Grundfos's service and repair division. I deal with them on a monthly basis for our Hydro 2000 multi-E booster sets and they are a night mare to deal with, and expensive.

The home booster is very similar to our pump sets, and the fault you describe usually refers to the fact that the onboard tranquiliser vessel is not pressurised. It needs to be pumped up to 90% of the cut in setpoint - so if the cut in is 2.5 bar, you will need to to pump it to 2.25bar

Thanks bhm1712, do you know of anyone else that services home boosters and will adjust this setting, in the London area?

Thanks

The home booster is very similar to our pump sets, and the fault you describe usually refers to the fact that the onboard tranquiliser vessel is not pressurised. It needs to be pumped up to 90% of the cut in setpoint - so if the cut in is 2.5 bar, you will need to to pump it to 2.25bar

You may well be right and he will be lucky if thats all it needs.

That would have been checked and reset during the servicing which the OP apparently does not get done.

I would be surprised though.

I agree that they sound expensive but independents are usually cheaper than the manufacturers. I dont see how I could charge more than £94 plus parking to service those.

Tony

europump charge us £495 plus VAT for one day call out, without any parts or labour! but i guess for domestic its going to be cheaper..

Im sorry mate i dont know any one in the london area who services them... up here i know of plenty of folk. If i lived closer id come and have a look for you....all you need is a footpump!! unless the vessel has failed ( like a CH system expansion vessel, it has a bladder inside which can perish and burst)

Thanks for the offer mate, really good of you. I called euro pump and they charge £275 + vat inc parts so not too bad!

Thanks for all your help

My pump has the same status code - what was the problem or what did the fitter replace ?

Appreciate your help, Thanks, Sean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back