advice on bathroom extactor please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just a quick question that may sound a little dumb . I want to fit an extractor but i dont want one that comes on automatically when the light is switched on, i.e i want a manualy switched fan ideally with a timer. Some fans come with a pull cord attached, is this for manually switching on and off?. Also would this type of fan still connect into the lighting circuit by using the permanent feeds?. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I'd fit it via a fused spur off the light circuit though as it will probably tell you to fuse it to 3A in the instructions..

Sponsored Links
Thanks mate, i shall bare that in mind. I take it an isolator switch will be needed also or will this fused spur do the same job as well as dropping the ampage?

There's no need for both, the switched spur will limit the ampage via the fuse size and the switch :D will turn it on and off.

If you get a cord switch this will allow direct on off from the fan in addition to the above switching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back