Advice on coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would like to put coving in my house (partly to cover cracks!), and was wondering if there were any tips or tricks for this, ( i had a look in the advice bit, and there was nothing).
So far I have been advised to make sure all the joints (between coving on straight parts) are 45º.
Not sure if it is important, but the ceiling has a textured pattern on it, will this affect adhesive or whatever is the best thing to attach it with.
Is it better to get plaster coving? Was really just looking for a plain curve shape,
cheers
Edward

Sponsored Links
You could try polystyrene coving. It has a paper coating on it ready for painting and is a lot easier to put up because of its lightness. You can get coving adhesive which will hold it in place. Any gaps between the coving and the ceiling or wall can also be filled in with the adhesive and painted over. The fact that the ceiling has a textured coating on will not make any difference to the adhesive. Just don't be stingy with it. Put plenty on and wipe the excess off when its up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back