Advice on damp timbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , in my loft where the chimmney breast is are a couple of timbers
that run at the same angle as the roof beside the chimmney breast .
My guess is there a support for tile and flashing , there is a sign of dampness on these timbers so i am assuming its the lead flashing .
Would you guys have a ball park figure as to what flashing costs to repair .
I know its a thumb in the air job but i just dont want to drag someone round at this point . thanks for any help mark

Sponsored Links
£300 +?

I'm basing that on a complete guess mate, cos without seeing the job its impossible to say.

You need to get somebody round really.

OK, thats the scaffold sorted ..... what about to do the job and make the back gutter? :LOL:

It could be anything, get it looked at by someone reliable

If the OP waits till the 25th, the fat guy could have a look.

Sponsored Links
You climb up a rickety old ladder and clamber up the tiles to repair flashing to a stack? :p

Nah I get my labourer up there :LOL:

Seriously though, if its only something minor like a lead flashing then I use a roof ladder hooked over the ridge, safe as long as you regularly check your ladders.

Thanks for replies , as said maybe father xmas is a roofer in disguise
i could be lucky ..

Nah I get my labourer up there :LOL:

Seriously though, if its only something minor like a lead flashing then I use a roof ladder hooked over the ridge, safe as long as you regularly check your ladders.
You got a good point, SAS . Tho` nowadays I guess a harness and anchor on ground @ back of building wouldn`t go amiss ;). As to the flashing I`d leadburn it in my garage for a couple of score- won`t get me on roofs now. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back