Advice on drain location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Almost ready to start laying my patio but would like to get some advice on the best location to run an aco style drain. I had though about running it against the brickwork but as we’re putting a step in by the door I’m wondering it if should come away from the wall and run in front of the step.

Also how would it be best to connect it to the existing drain point that the guttering falls into?

Thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 2651127634.jpg
    iOS Image - 2651127634.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 95
  • iOS Image - 3792177483.jpg
    iOS Image - 3792177483.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
I’d put it away from the house, have a trap on the outlet to catch silts and connect it into the drain somewhere where it’s horizontal.

So is this what you mean?

Run the drain so it will be in line with the end of the step, put a trap where the guttering comes down to, and then connect from the aco to the trap?

iOS Image - 1980659555.jpg

I was thinking like this where Orange is existing and red is the aco and new joint.

You could do it either way though.

7559185C-15F6-41F1-BF49-01DA2759E1C3.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Ah I see what you mean. There isn't an existing drain apart from by the guttering and that runs off towards the main drains at the front of the house. Thanks very much for your advice on this.

In hindsight I should probably have included that little nugget of info in my original post. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back