Bit of advice on building a step over a drainpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So we decided that the aco drain would look better against the house rather than at the end of the step onto the patio, but this has introduced its own set of issues. I’ve got the drain laid bit would like to get some suggestions on how best to lay steps over it. I intend to use concrete blocks with flags on top.

Thanks

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3505627012.jpg
    iOS Image - 3505627012.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 1,174
Sponsored Links
So could I just use a thick bed of mortar over it or something like that? Would I be best building in levels before placing the block?

Sponsored Links
So just cover it with hardcore and place the blocks on that?

I'd put a layer of concrete over the pipe to offer it some protection, then build your steps on top of that. Just make sure you dont bridge the DPC!

I'd put a layer of concrete over the pipe to offer it some protection, then build your steps on top of that. Just make sure you dont bridge the DPC!

Thanks, I’ll hopefully get it encased tomorrow

Thanks, I’ll hopefully get it encased tomorrow
Waste of time. What are you actually protecting a bit of pipe, under a step and between two ACCO channels from!

You can drive a car over plastic pipe and it wil be OK

Its more about support for the block going over the pipe, which will be base of the step

Get some 90 degree bends and run the acco round the step. Or at the least be very careful with your falls or you'll have a puddle at the bottom of the step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back